Mr Peter Kempshall - Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon - Winfield Hospital, Gloucester
Specialist in Knee surgery - Specialising in disease modifying surgery in the young adult, sports injuries, ligament reconstruction and cartilage procedures.
Also a specialist in:
- MB BCh – 2001 – University of Wales, Cardiff. Primary medical degree.
- Sports and Exercise Medicine (SEM) Post Graduate Diploma – University of Wales, Cardiff – 2008
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor Qualification – 2009.
Mr Kempshall competed his medical degree and early surgical training in South Wales. He gained his Diploma in Sports Medicine in 2008 and regularly treats sports injuries.
He has performed many research studies and is widely published on meniscal injuries, anterior cruciate ligament rupture and joint replacement survival and satisfaction. Examples of studies he has authored:
- Outcome of meniscal allograft transplantation related to articular cartilage status: advanced chondral damage should not be a contraindication. Kempshall PJ, Parkinson B, Spalding T. Knee surgery and sports traumatology. Accepted for publication Jan 2015.
- Meniscal integrity predicts laxity of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Robb C, Kempshall P, Getgood A, Standell H, Sprowson A, Thompson P, Spalding T, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2015; 23(12): 3683-90.
- The Cardiff Arthroplasty Satisfaction Index (CASI). A simple tool for the assessment of outcome following knee arthroplasty. Kempshall PJ, Hickey B, Metcalfe AJ. Journal of Arthroplasty 28 (2013) 580-584.
- Review of Kinemax Knee Arthroplasty Performed at NHS Treatment Centre Weston Super-Mare. Kempshall P, Metcalfe A, Forster MC Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (JBJS) British Volume 2009 91-B;229-33.
- Revision total knee arthroplasty: Complications. Mini-symposium Knee Arthroplasty. Kempshall PJ, Sharma H, Morgan-Jones R. Orthopaedics and Trauma 2012; 26:2, 95-111.
Fellow Royal College Surgeons of England – FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery – 2011.
Mr Kempshall is an established NHS Consultant in Gloucestershire sub-specialising in knee surgery. He completed three advanced fellowship training periods. The first in Coventry focusing on arthroscopic and ligament reconstructive surgery, the second in Bristol finessing unicondylar replacement (half knee) and complex knee replacement surgery and the third also in Bristol gaining expertise in trauma, knee trauma and multi ligament reconstruction and hip surgery.
He has also experience in total hip replacement as he leads the improvement program that Gloucestershire Hospitals has achieved to provide outstanding care of patients with a broken hip.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
Please enquire 08:30 – 17:00 Mon to Fri - 01452 337276